...and I am a child before there are words ...
The six “songs” of this set take their inspiration from lines of poetry by the American poet W.S. Merwin.
- “…and the unbroken sound of pure darkness…”
- “…from her hands a scent of almonds rises…”
- “the dead are not separate from the living”
- “…where the rooms of the ark are already known…”
- “…and I am a child before there are words…”
- “Let me imagine that we will come again when we want to and it will be spring”
Each piece is an evocation of a very interior mood. The music is not technically difficult, yet good performance demands continuous concentrated attention.
Find program notes and more information at davidmaslanka.com.